Friday, April 5, 2013

E-ffortless Celebration of the Small Things


I like to be efficient sometimes. And today I'm combining the A to Z Challenge with VikLit's Celebrate the Small Things.















Today, so many people suffer from anxiety, depression, hypertension and are just unhappy. I've been there, done that (except for hypertension - never had it). Now, as I said at the end of last year (in THIS post, if you're interested), this is my time to trust God in all things. When I remember to do that, life becomes almost EFFORTLESS. 




Of course I have to do my part. I do my best to have integrity, be loving to others and honor God in how I live my life. But when I screw up, or if something happens that I have no control over, or when something bad, hurtful or wrong happens, I trust God in all of that and stress diminishes so much I can smile through it all, even through pain. 

Yeah, I know, I'm a wimp with pain. And believe me, I will complain and pull out the Advil, in the least. I'll do what I can to alleviate or mitigate and leave the rest to God. In that way, there is so much less stress and frustration, and LaRonda (hehe, I do go by my middle name) is a happy camper in this life.

So, what I'm celebrating: That God is here and helps me through all things in order that I may live EFFORTLESSLY!

Other things I'm celebrating:

1. That I have today off!! Now hopefully I have time to take the online traffic school class before my time's up.

2. The people who have entered my Most Amazing Giveaway where everyone wins something. Today is the last day, so hurry up, click HERE and express your desire to enter in the comments.

3. A wonderful Easter dinner I hosted, and the good time I had with my 17 year old niece who stayed the night on Saturday to go to church with me on Sunday and spend Easter with the family. And some forgiving that came along with it!

Happy Friday everybody!

30 comments:

  1. Just trusting God does make life seem to flow effortlessly. Sometimes I wonder why we fight against it.
    Have a great day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but mainly it's because we have short term memory and forget that God is over everything.

      Delete
  2. I believe in just going with the flow. It will all work out. Another great post.
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what it means when you give it to God. :)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your day off!

    Life is so much better when we go with God's flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I did enjoy this day, even though most of it I was doing online traffic school. It's nice to wake up when you want and take breaks whenever.

      Delete
  4. Just yesterday I was overwhelmed and stressed. I knew I was holding on to my own problems and that I needed to hand them over to God but sometimes letting go is hard. Thank you for the reminder.Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard sometimes, but usually it's only hard because we forget who God is in our lives. Once we remember it gets easier.

      Delete
  5. That photograph is gorgeous. Did you take it?

    I'm happy that you've found a way to be happy in this life. We all deserve that, sadly, I think too few of us find it.

    ~ Cori Vidae ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, found it in google. :) I thought it fit the idea perfectly.

      Yes, many of us think we can control everything in our lives, which is quite a stressful consideration.

      Delete
  6. Life isn't effortless but trusting God and my friends helps make it worth the effort.

    Wow I think I just created a cool quote. Anyway, great and encouraging post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When God is in charge, it can almost be. By effortless, I mean stressless, but I needed an e word. :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Friday to you too fellow A-Z Challenger :) We all need things to celebrate in life - enjoy yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your day off!
    Glad for a great Easter dinner and time with your niece. I think the only thing we should make effortless is the love and faith in God... I can't imagine that everything else wont fall into place ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad for your love and faith in God. That is most important, because that does make everything else work as it should.

      Delete
  9. I think you're right...God is always there for us, but when we need him. We have to take responsibility and do for ourselves, as well.

    Great post and have a nice day off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He covers us a lot when we don't, as he's patient and works to build us up. But it is on us to accept him shaping us up.

      Delete
  10. I thank you for popping by my site so could link back to yours!I like the way inject humour into your thoughts. (Yes I explored your site a bit.)Nice set up on your site as well. I look forward to more great reads during the month and longer! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you poked around a bit. I'm looking forward to reading more of yours as well. Loved your Echoes post.

      Delete
  11. Ahh, how I love when life is effortless. I do have a complicated amount of things to do, but I try to sit back and take look at it from the larger view. Not nitpicking on details does make things effortless. :)

    The A to Z blog said in the latest post to add a link to your own A to Z blog in the comments, so here's mine: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to figure out how to do links like that. Maybe it's not hard, but...

      Yes, we do complicate things much more than we need in so many ways.

      Delete
  12. That picture is beautiful. It inspires so many different thoughts... and works well with the word effortless!

    Michelle at Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the smile and for the validation. If I can just let go and trust - it falls together. Many thanks for the reminder.

    Diana at About myself, by myself…


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can let go and trust. It just takes remembering that God knows your heart and wants only good for you. Giving him your trust causes him to succeed in you.

      Delete
  14. Thank you for that reminder! I think sometimes I get so caught up in my life that I forget that it's all for Him.

    Have a great weekend!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do sometimes. You have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  15. What a great set of celebrations. I hope you had a very happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The challenge for me is to remind myself of God's presence in all moments. Peace and hope be with you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...